Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Vegan Chocolate "Lazy Cake" with Cookies!

One of the things what I have really missed since going vegan is milk chocolate and cheese curd dessert. I have already figured out how to make a vegan version of it (recipe here), but I haven't tried to make vegan milk chocolate yet... There are couple stores where I can find it, but I have to purchase it and can't get it right here and now when I crave for it. I hope that I will find or create some great vegan milk chocolate recipes. But now one of my favorite dessert is vegan lazy cake! I don't know if you know this, but in Lithuania it is really popular. It is amazing, and vegan version of it is the best I have ever tried! As it is made of dark chocolate and coconut milk, it reminds of milk chocolate, and those cookies and apricots (!!!) they give it divine taste.





For this Vegan Chocolate Cake you will need:

  • 14-17oz of vegan cookies, I use simple tea cookies and oatmeal cookies.
  • Handful of peanuts, part of it blend (or just use peanut butter).
  • 10 dried apricots or other dried fruit, nuts, coconut shreds or some seeds. I've used apricots, soaked in cold water for at least an hour, then cut them into small pieces.
  • 1 can of full fat coconut milk. You can also use other milk instead, but I always make it with coconut milk.
  • 7oz of dark vegan chocolate or baking chocolate. If the chocolate is very bitter, may be sweetened dates or brown sugar.
Method:
  1. Crumble cookies to small pieces.
  2. Melt the chocolate and mix with coconut milk.
  3. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cookies, nuts and apricots, mix well.
  4. Pour "Lazy Cake" into prepared form with baking paper. 
  5. Place into refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, but it is best to leave overnight (I alwats fail to do that)... and eat!

This vegan Lazy Cake is perfect for meeting with friends, colleagues or family when you need to or want to bring something homemade. Its taste will surprise everyone, and it is very easy to make.
Also as Valentine's Day is coming up, this chocolate cake with cookies is a perfect choice for a romantic dinner dessert ♥


Follow my recipes news on Instagram, Pinterest Facebook!

Have a great day,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment